betjobs.co.uk ('we' 'us' 'our') is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. We are a 'controller' for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ('Data Protection Laws').
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding the processing of Your Data through our website and subsequent interactions.
betjobs.co.uk is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
We may collect and process personal data about you in the following circumstances:
- When making an enquiry through the online form, or contacting us for any other reason. If you contact us, we may keep a record of details such as name, address, email address and telephone number, as well as traffic data, location data and any other information submitted.
- When you sign up to use the service. When you sign up your data, which includes your CV and personal information is kept on the server and processed in accordance with our business practices.
We may use your personal data for our legitimate interests in order to:
- respond to enquiries and complaints submitted by you.
- provide you with information, or services that you requested from us.
- job hunters: provide employers with your CV and related personal data for the purpose of filling vacancies and managing your job hunters web portal environment.
- employers: for the purpose of managing your employees web portal environment
- for the purpose of carrying out transactions.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title.
- contact information including email address.
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
- other information relevant to our customers.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to communicate with you, and in particular for the following reasons: Communication.
- Internal record keeping.
- Processing the function of this site, i.e., offering CV's to prospective employers.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. We use a cookie to log into the site once you have signed up to use this sites service, as well as several cookies for site analytics, as detailed below.
The log in cookie is purely functional and controls the process of logging in as a site user. Without it you cannot log in and use the sites core services. You can look at the front facing pages of this site without this cookie.
We also use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Cookies are currently classified into 4 categories which increase in significance with regards to issues of privacy, as detailed below:
Category 1: Strictly necessary cookies
Category 2: Performance cookies
Category 3: Functionality cookies
Category 4: Targeting or Advertising cookies
For users of this web site that have not logged in we use Category 2 cookies for Google Analytics as detailed in the table below:
Site users, i.e., job hunters and employers, who have actively signed up to use this site and in doing so have agreed to the use of Category 1 functionality cookies will have a simple cookie used purely to control the log in and log out capabilities of the site, as detailed below:
This is a cookie placed by us on your computer to control the logging in and out of the user area.
||This cookie is not placed on the computers of users that have not signed up to use our service.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
We do not pass your information on to third parties or offer you any additional marketing communications of any sort ourselves.
How we keep your data secure
Any information you provide us is stored on our secure servers. We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss or alteration, unauthorised disclosure or access and any other unlawful forms of processing. We aim to ensure that an appropriate level of security is in place to protect your personal data by following recognised industry practices to protect out IT environment and physical infrastructure.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. Only signed up recruiters to betjobs.co.uk will be able to view your details. Your current employer may be a customer of betjobs.co.uk or a client/friend of one of our customers and betjobs.co.uk cannot be held responsible if your details are accessed by your current employer.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible at email@example.com. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You have the following legal rights:
- access to personal data relating to you.
- update any personal data relating to you.
- correct any mistakes in the information we hold about you.
- ask us to stop contacting you regarding marketing material.
- the right to prevent your information being processed in certain circumstances.
- the right to deletion of your data in certain circumstances.
To exercise any of your rights, please contact us at the details set out below. We will respond to any request within one month of receiving your request. If the request is complex then we will respond within three months.
Please note exceptions apply which may be applied in accordance with the law.